Monday, July 13, 2009

Vacation and update

The weekend of July 4th, Heaven, Noelani, and I had gone to Chicago for a small vacation. We were up there for three days and had quite a bit of fun. We visited the aquarium, Field Museum, planetarium, and Sears Tower. We also had to stop at American Girl for Heaven so she could look at all of the dolls and take about a million pictures of everything there. We also watched the fireworks display that the city had on July 3rd. We walked just about everywhere to save some money, which made it take forever to get places and tired us out a lot, especially when pushing a stroller or carrying a little baby girl around. Whew!

While we did have a lot of fun, I didn't really like Chicago as a city. All the places that we visited were fun, but quite a bit of people seemed really rude, especially the drivers and the traffic control people. For your amusement, here's a picture of Noelani in her baby sunglasses being really cool when we were in Chicago.


As for Noelani, she's been doing great. She's getting quite a bit stronger. She can hold her body weight up on her legs as long as we have a hold of her to keep her balanced and she has been able to lift up her head and upper body really well when she's laying on her stomach.


Noelani is also being more vocal and "talking" to us. She's also laughed several times instead of just smiling and giggling, which is really cute. I have to brag about that because she laughed the first time for Daddy. She's definately a Daddy's girl. :)

As for me, I've been looking for a job. I have four more weeks left of school before I graduate, so I've been a little stressed with not having a job lined up yet. Where I get a job will determine where we move. We're pretty open about location, so whatever we think is going to be the best for us, we'll most likely take it. However, if I don't get a job soon after I graduate, we won't be able to stay where we are now because of rent and living costs, so it looks like we'd have to move in with Heaven's grandparents, which I wasn't really wanting to do. Even if I do get a job in Lafayette/West Lafayette, we're going to move out of our mobile home. It's just too small for the three of us and all of our stuff, so we'll have to find something bigger.

I'm hoping and praying that things turn out well and that I get a job offer as soon as I can. I've been applying to quite a few places, so hopefully I'll hear back from some of them soon. But, if anyone knows anywhere that's looking for an IT guy to hire... give me a heads up!

I'll leave y'all with one last picture of Noelani.

No comments:

Post a Comment