Friday, May 22, 2009

Windows 7

Just over a week ago I installed the Windows 7 beta on my laptop. For those of you who don't know what Windows 7 is, it is the new operating system from Microsoft. So far I am impressed with it. It is everything that Vista should have been and was supposed to be.

It runs faster then Windows Vista and has better functionality as well. If you are familiar with Vista, you should know about getting a preview of a window when you scroll over it on the taskbar. Windows 7 takes it to another level by showing you all of windows you have open with that program (e.g. Firefox, Windows Explorer) and allows you to close them from that preview. Also, when you scroll over any preview, it shows that particular window in full screen until you scroll off of the preview.

It also allows for easier movement and access to windows. It allows you to easily set two windows side by side so you can compare what is in each window. It also allows you to quickly view and open recently opened files in any application.

One thing that I am extremely excited about with Windows 7 (but can't use yet b/c I don't have the hardware to do it yet) is the touch screen capabilities that it has. To see some of what you can do using touch screen, watch this YouTube video.

All in all, Windows 7 is awesome and I would recommend trying it. Right now it is a beta and is free to download and try. You can download it here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment